- 1/2 tspsalt
- 2 tspcanola oil ,divided
- 1/4small redonion ,diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2zucchini ,finely diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cuppacked babyspinach ,chopped
- 1/4 cupcannedlentils ,optional, drained and rinsed
- 1plum tomato ,finely diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cupfinely gratedcheddar
- Whisk eggs with salt in a medium bowl. Season with fresh pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 tsp oil, then onion, zucchini and corn. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 min. Add spinach and lentils. Cook, stirring until spinach wilts, about 1 min. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Stir in tomato.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. In the same pan, add remaining 1 tsp oil, then egg mixture. Cook, without stirring, until edges are set, 1 to 2 min. Use a spatula to lift edge of omelette, pushing toward the centre and tilting pan to allow uncooked eggs to run underneath. Repeat until mixture is almost set and bottom is golden brown, 2 to 3 min. Sprinkle vegetable mixture over top, then cheese. Remove from heat and cover pan until cheese melts, about 5 min. Slide omelette onto a plate and cut into wedges to serve.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 21 g,
- 9 g,
- 23 g,
- 1 g,
- 602 mg.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent October 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen. Photo by Roberto Caruso.