Egg Fried RiceBy Today's Parent
- 4tspcanola oil ,divided
- 1onion ,finely chopped
- 2garlic cloves ,minced
- 1green onion ,thinly sliced
- 8largeeggs ,divided
- 1/4cupsoyster sauce or vegetarian oyster sauce
- 5cupsday-old cooked rice (preferably jasmine)
- 2cupsfrozen mixed vegetables, such as peas, corn and carrots
- Beat 4 of the eggs with oyster sauce in a large bowl. Stir in rice until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 3 tsp oil, then onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 2 to 3 min. Add mixed vegetables and garlic. Cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 min.
- Add rice mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until egg is cooked and rice is hot, 4 to 5 min. Season with pepper. Divide rice mixture among four plates.
- Return pan to heat over medium. Add remaining 1 tsp oil, then crack remaining 4 eggs into pan. Cook, covered, until whites are no longer runny, 2 to 3 min. Top each portion of rice with a fried egg. Sprinkle with green onion, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 69 g,
- 15 g,
- 5 g,
- 670 mg.