Originally published in the Today’s Parent Summer 2021 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Air fryer salmon with five-spice vegetablesBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
This fresh and simple salmon comes together in just under 30 minutes for a healthy weeknight meal.
- 1/4 cupmaple syrup
- 4 tspsoy sauce
- 2 tspDijon mustard
- 1/2 tspgarlic powder
- 4skinlesssalmon fillets ,about 200g each
- 1 tspblack or toastedsesame seeds ,optional
- 1 454-g packageminibell peppers ,halved and seeded
- 1 340-g packagecauliflower florets
- 2 tbspolive oil
- 1 tspfive-spice powder
- 1/2 tspsalt
- 1/4 cupchoppedcilantro ,optional
- Preheat air fryer to 390F.
- Stir maple syrup with soy sauce, Dijon and garlic powder in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened into a glaze-like consistency, 2 to 4 min. Brush hot glaze over salmon fillets. Set aside.
- Toss bell peppers and cauliflower with oil, five-spice powder and salt in a large bowl. Add to air-fryer basket. Air-fry until golden brown but still tender-crisp, 7 to 10 min. Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
- Arrange salmon in air-fryer basket. Air-fry until a knife tip inserted into the thickest part of the salmon comes out warm, 7 to 8 min. Transfer to the platter with vegetables. Sprinkle salmon with sesame seeds and serve with rice or quinoa, if desired.
This recipe was developed using the Ninja Foodi 8-qt. 2-Basket Air Fryer. Results using different models may vary.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 43 g,
- 25 g,
- 20 g,
- 4 g,
- 780 mg.