Originally published in the Today’s Parent January/February 2021 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Overnight maple-almond quinoa oatsBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Get a jumpstart on breakfast by prepping these tasty quinoa oats the night before. Not only will your kids love the taste, but you'll love the time it shaves off your morning routine.
- 3/4 cupunsweetenedalmond milk
- 1/3 cupcookedquinoa
- 1/4 cupquick-cookingrolled oats
- 1 tbspchia seeds
- 2 tspmaple syrup
- 2 tspalmond butter ,(optional)
- 1/4 tspvanilla ,(optional)
- toasted slicedalmonds
- Whisk almond milk with quinoa, oats, chia seeds, maple syrup, almond butter and vanilla (if using) in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cold, or warm by microwaving in a microwave-safe bowl for about 1 min. Top with berries and nuts before serving.
- Combine 1 cup rinsed quinoa with 6 cups water in a pot. Set over medium-high. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Gently boil until quinoa has sprouted, about 10 min for white quinoa. For tricoloured, red and black quinoa, cook an additional 5 to 7 min.
- Drain quinoa through a sieve and rinse with warm tap water. Use in recipe or transfer to a resealable container. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Makes 3 cups
Nutrition (per serving)
- 9 g,
- 44 g,
- 8 g,
- 8 g,
- 150 mg.