Originally published in the Today’s Parent November 2014 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.
Baked Ham and Cheese FrittataBy Chatelaine
4 adult servings
This ham and cheese frittata is delicious hot, warm or at room temperature! Serve leftovers between toasted bread to make a western omelette sandwich.
- 1 tspdriedbasil leaves
- 1 cupgratedcheddar
- 1/2 cupfinely choppedham steak ,about 60 g
- 1plumtomato ,finely chopped
- 1/2small redonion ,finely chopped
- 1/2redsweet pepper ,finely chopped
- 1/2zucchini ,finely chopped
- fresh basil ,optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil or spray a 9-in. pie plate.
- Whisk eggs with dried basil in a large bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Stir in cheese, ham, tomato, onion, red pepper and zucchini. Pour into pie plate and evenly distribute vegetables.
- Bake in centre of oven until frittata is golden around the edges and firm when jiggled, 30 to 35 min. Sprinkle with fresh basil just before serving.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 5 g,
- 18 g,
- 1 g,
- 471 mg.